Marine batteries come in various specifications to serve a variety of requirements. So choosing the right best deep cycle marine battery may become difficult. In this article, we will guide you to buy the best one from among them. Let us view, the factors to consider for choosing the right marine battery.
Requirement: First things first, you need be sure of your requirement. Some people require the batteries to crank the boat while others need them for running the appliances. Some others may require it for both purposes.
Chemistry and Structure: The type of a marine battery is determined by its structure and chemistry. There can be different types of batteries like flooded, sealed, AGM etc. The type of battery that you should select will also depend on the effort you are ready to put in for its maintenance. Consider whether the batteries are spill-proof, can be mounted in different positions and can resist vibration and shock.
Special Features: There are some batteries available these days that are water-proof while some others can be inverted. Some others are characterized by thicker plates. All these features make these batteries suitable for deep cycle marine batteries.
MCA: CCA or Cold Cranking Amps is a parameter used to determine the initial stability and is measured by the number of amperes in 30seconds at 0degree Fahrenheit for maintaining a voltage above 7.2volts. In case of marine batteries, it is known as MCA, the full form of which is Marine Cranking Amps. Also, the number of minutes sustained is expressed as Reserve Capacity Rating.
Amp Hour Rating: The amp hour rating of the battery is another important factor which depends on the number of amperes it is capable of delivering within 20 hours. It is advisable that you choose a battery that has a higher rating that you will actually require because a battery does not practically provide what it is supposed to.
Size or Group: The size or the group of the battery is another important factor to consider. They usually come in groups like 24, 31, 27, 6D etc. For determining the size of the battery, you need first to check whether there is a previously existing box in the boat. If yes, then the size should be compatible with the size of this box. Also, consider the space available before taking the final call with respect to the size of the battery.
Manufacturing Dates: Before buying a battery, make sure that the date is within six months from the date of manufacture. You will easily find the rating on the label. So check it once before you buy it.
Warranty: Today the batteries from the reputed brands come with a warranty from the manufacturers. You can have the different parts replaced as well as replace the whole battery if required.
So it is not very easy to select a marine battery. Keep the above-stated factors in mind before you choose one!
Product Review for Best Deep Cycle Marine Battery
This NPP product is the first one to make it on our list of best deep cycle marine battery with it’s excellent all rounder performance which gives it its edge among the hundreds of other deep cycle marine batteries in the online market. It has been certified by ISO14001, ISO9001, UL, and CE acknowledging its best in class performance. The battery uses 12 Volts potential difference and 150 Ampere current system, with a terminal made of button styles. It has an alarm system for reminding you of its presence from time to time and an emergency system along with it. In case of any outbreak of fire due to any internal or external malfunctions, it also has a fire-fighter feature to save you from any mishaps. It is covered by a warranty of 2 Years against any manufacturing defects or malfunctions. This product is manufactured from ABS plastic which is non-conductive in nature and is made in such a way so that it will withstand any physical or chemical shock, heat, vibrations etc. It is also very compact, easy to install and it is not a very difficult job to maintain it.
- Compact design, made from non-conductive ABS plastic.
- Protected against heat, shock, chemicals, and weather.
- The battery uses the 20V-150A system.
- Has a fire-fighter system, alarm system, telecommunication system, uninterrupted power supply and much more…
- Covered by 2 Years of warranty.
- Certified by ISO9001, ISO14001, UL, and CE.
- It also has a computer standby power supply and wind, solar etc. power supply.
Shop on Amazon
- There have not been any demerits or cons reported for this product. It has excellent reviews due to its all-rounder performance making all consumers who have bought this extremely happy and satisfied.
With a service long enough to serve all your requirements the Renogy product has quite some attractive features of its own, that is bound to give you the satisfaction you need from your best deep cycle marine battery charger. The average service life of this battery is approximately 10 years and it gives a superb service. The heavy-duty grids, made up of lead and calcium prevent corrosion, keeping the battery like a new product for years. It has been professionally designed to be used under optimum float charge. It has a PE compound separator constructed to make sure that the gel electrolyte which is used in the battery and which is the fuel of it, is distributed evenly all throughout the inner portion of the battery so that it can run smoothly and efficiently. They also have an anti-fire and anti-explosion mechanism to save you from any major accident of that nature.
- The long service life of the battery of 10 Years or so.
- Designed under the guidance of professionals to ensure that the product has its gel electrolyte distributed all throughout the inner structure to ensure efficient service.
- They have safety valves which are explosion-proof to avoid any mishap of such nature.
- The battery also ensures that if there is a chance or any spark of fire, it will be dealt with in the proper manner in the inner part of the battery to prevent it from spreading outward.
- Sealing of triplex strength ensures that no electrolyte is lost due to the leakage.
- Because of lead and calcium grids, they remain free from corrosion.
Shop on Amazon
- If you are running some heavy electronics with this battery, that too regularly, it may not cultivate enough amount of power needed for that. Otherwise, there have been no major cons reported for the product and it serves hundreds of happy customers worldwide.
A product that needs zero maintenance! That should be the introduction of this battery. With a long life and smooth service, this product makes it number three on our list of the best deep cycle marine battery. Made of lead, their high rate of discharge is the primary reason why anyone would buy a deep cycle battery. The best thing about it is the battery is that easily rechargeable! Yes that you read right. Gone are your days when once you were done with a battery, it was gone. There was no any other option than to throw it out. While many batteries start to malfunction in too hot or too cold climate, this product’s efficiency remains the same under all seasonal conditions, alike. A warranty of one year covers the product against any manufacturing defects or malfunctions. There is a 30-day return and refund policy if the product is delivered to you in a damaged condition. Do make sure that you purchase it from an authorized seller and take help from a certified technician, in case of any malfunction to avail all these offers.
- Spill-proof battery to make sure that the electrolyte is not leaked and wasted.
- Can function smoothly in both hot and cold climates.
- The high rate of discharge.
- Specially designed to cope with shocks and vibrations.
- One year warranty on the product.
Shop on Amazon
- Does not hold the charge for a very long time.
- Connecting the wires to their correct places can be a bit of a challenging task.
- Might have some batteries issues in the long run.
When it is a product review for the best deep cycle marine battery, OPTIMA is a name that is bound to pop up sooner or later. This Optima product gives a new life to your boat after you attach it to it, thereby giving you a boating experience you have never had before. If you compare it to other marine deep water batteries and their features, it will seem like one of the best cheap deep cycle batteries available for you in the market. They are very flexible and need almost no maintenance during its long service period. Once you install this, there is no longer the need to worry about your boat. It has got some the most advanced features of all, which includes a special design to protect it from any mechanical or physical shocks that it might encounter under the water. Though many other deep cycle marine batteries may have this feature, this one does the same work only 15 percent more efficiently. With that kind of world-class performance, it works as well as an RV battery does in water.
- Pure lead design to ensure the best in class performance.
- Spiralcell technology has been used in this product to have extra protection against vibrations and shocks.
- Maximum durability pertained due to efficient design and good plate height.
Shop on Amazon
- Often, it fails to hold more than 6 V charge.
- Setting it up might be a challenge for you. Especially, if you are not very well-acquainted in these matters, it might be a bit of a trouble for you.
- After long usage does not hold a charge very efficiently.
Another product with equally good features possessed by the previous one, here is the second member from the house of Optima to make your boat rides a lot more fun than it used to be with normal batteries. One good look at the price and the features and you will know why deep cycle marine battery reviews cannot do without the name Optima. The product is stored and packaged with extra care and protection so that you will not need to suffer from a broken item that will arrive in your mail. Even then, if there is any mishap, they will exchange the product promptly without any questions. The SpiralCell technology used in the unit ensures short recharging period, smooth run and a protection 15 times better against any shocks or vibrations under water. They work just fine under extreme weather conditions as well.
- Highly durable design with 15 times resistance to shocks and vibrations than normal batteries.
- Packing is done in a very well efficient manner to ensure that there is no damage caused to the battery during shipment and storage.
- Use of stainless steel in the body ensures more strength.
- Compact design and easy installation process.
- Works perfectly fine even under bad or harsh weather conditions.
- It has the reserved capacity of running for 100 minutes at a stretch.
Shop on Amazon
- After long usage, the battery fails to store energy efficiently and gets exhausted out very soon.
- You can be in problem if you do not have a charger for this product.
- The battery gets weak with time.